April Goals and Highlights
March was such a fun (and long!) month! It feels like so much has happened that when I was looking back at what all I did it was hard to believe it all happened in 31 days. For one thing- I had two amazing trips that were the highlight of the month- a last minute quick getaway to Myrtle Beach with friends and a long-awaited trip to Savannah with two of my friends from Pittsburgh. Secondly, Dan started a job this month which has flipped our lives upside down (in a good way!). Plus he celebrated his birthday last week! We're making lots of changes, and I think there will be more to come in April.
I kind of failed on my monthly goals because the month was so nuts so we'll just focus on my annual goals....
Spend More Time Outdoors
- 1000 Hours Outside -
- January - 54 total hours, breaking down to 41 hours running/walking/hiking, 5 hours reading, and 8 hours socializing/misc.
- February - 52 total hours, breaking down to 31 hours running/walking/hiking, 7 hours reading, 13 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- March - 97 total hours, breaking down to 47 hours running/walking/hiking, 17 hours reading, 32 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- 2,022 Outdoor Miles -
- January Running - 106 miles, Walking - 25.97 miles, Biking - 0 miles
- February Running - 101 miles, Walking - 22.4 miles, Biking - 10.7 miles
- March Running - 106 miles, Walking - 37.82 miles, Biking - 10 miles
- Visit all the gardens and free museums in the Triangle
- This month I visited the City of Raleigh museum! They were hosting a coffee tasting event nearby, so we went to try lots of coffee then headed to explore the museum. It was a really cool look at the history of the city and is in a historic building in the heart of downtown (just down the street from the capitol building).
- We also visited the Duke Gardens in Durham. This is my third trip here and every time there are new things to see and new plants that are in bloom. This month all of the blossom trees were in full bloom and were spectacular. There were also lots of tulips planted and it really put me in the spring mood! Just a few notes- the gardens are free to visit but they have paid parking. I would recommend downloading the parking app before going to save lots of time when you get there. Also- dogs are allowed before 10AM and after 5PM every day!