October Goals and Highlights
Happy Fall, Y'all! Ok, even though I've lived in North Carolina over a year I don't think I'll ever naturally say y'all. Even typing it out felt weird! But it is indeed fall time, which is quickly becoming my favorite season. I'm typing this outside on a day with zero clouds, enough wind to make my windchimes move around, and the perfect temperature for a light sweater and hot coffee. BLISS!
September was a really great month, mostly because the race that I was preparing for (and became very anxious about) happened and ended up being one of my favorite races ever, as well as one of the most fun weekends I've had this year! I love living so close to the beach, and going with friends both old and new was so great. I'm already planning on racing again next year!
Here is a look at my annual goals, and then we'll talk about monthly goals-
Spend More Time Outside
- 1000 Hours Outside - 746 hours so far.
- January - 54 total hours
- February - 52 total hours
- March - 97 total hours
- April - 103 total hours
- May - 94 hours total
- June - 103 hours total
- July - 80 hours total
- August - 85 hours total
- September - 78 hours total, breaking down to 24 hours running/walking/hiking, 11 hours reading, 27 hours socializing/misc, 8 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 7 hours swimming/pool time.
- 2,022 Outdoor Miles - 1,330 total miles so far.
- January Running - 106 miles, Walking - 25.97 miles, Biking - 0 miles
- February Running - 101 miles, Walking - 22.4 miles, Biking - 10.7 miles
- March Running - 106 miles, Walking - 37.82 miles, Biking - 10 miles
- April Running - 65.15 miles, Walking - 41.43 miles, Biking - 32 miles
- May Running - 64.62 miles, Walking - 40.72 miles, Biking - 52.9 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 10 miles.
- June Running - 45.82 miles, Walking- 28.22 miles, Biking- 72.44 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 19 miles.
- July Running - 25.91 miles, Walking - 27.09 miles, Biking - 62.83 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 15 miles, Swimming - 6.2 miles
- August Running - 24.5 miles, Walking - 37.4 miles, Biking - 73.2 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 9 miles, Swimming - 8 miles
- September Running - 23.34 miles, Walking - 30.7 miles, Biking - 58.93 miles, Kayak / Paddling - 16 miles, Swimming - 6 miles
- Visit all the gardens and free museums in the Triangle
- None this month! Big plans to cross off quite a few in October
Donate to a Different Charity Every Month
Read all the Goodreads Best Books of 2021
Finish Tri Training
I did and also finished my race! You can read more about that here. Long story short- it was amazing and now I'm thinking of signing up for way more races next year..including a potential half Ironman....
Decorate for Halloween
We decorated inside and have done some decorations for outside, but I was waiting for the hurricane to pass before adding more things. I'm planning on finishing our decorations this weekend!
Finish a Crochet Project
I finished a few different things, including my first hat which is above! I technically finished in October, but I'm counting it since I ran out of yarn and that's why I didn't get to finish it this month. I also worked on a sweater and a blanket. I have some more projects planned and I can't wait to keep going, or even try knitting this month.
Start GBBO Bake Alongs
Yes! It's been so much fun to make these again this year. I'll be sharing monthly recaps on here (first post going up on Friday) and also weekly bake along videos on Instagram if you want to follow there.
Fun Fall Activities
- Leaf peeping hike
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Make a fall-themed dinner
- Read fall books
- Bake something fall related (pie, pumpkin bread, etc)
- Try out a festive cocktail
- Watch a movie outside under a blanket
- Pumpkin beer taste test