November Goals and Highlights
October was such a fun month! The weather was perfect, and it was great to have a house where we could actually celebrate Halloween. This was my first time decorating my own place for a holiday, and I loved it! We had so many trick or treaters and went to a neighbor's house to pass out candy- it's everything I always wanted in a neighborhood.
For my highlight of the month, it was definitely going to Europe. Dan and I spent a little over a week in Belgium and Luxembourg, with some quick stops in Netherlands, Germany, and France. I'm working on posts of everything we saw and did, but it was SUCH a fun trip and made me realize how much I missed traveling internationally.
Let's talk goals now- it's crazy to think there are only 2 more months left of the year! Here's how my annual goals are going-
Spend More Time Outside
- 1000 Hours Outside - 869 hours so far. Only 131 more to go!
- January - 54 total hours
- February - 52 total hours
- March - 97 total hours
- April - 103 total hours
- May - 94 hours total
- June - 103 hours total
- July - 80 hours total
- August - 85 hours total
- September- 78 hours total
- October- 123 hours total, breaking down to 64 hours running/walking/hiking, 14 hours reading, 37 hours socializing/misc, and 8 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing
- 2,022 Outdoor Miles - 1,496.16 total miles so far. I still have 525 miles to do...which probably will not happen but that's ok!
- January Running - 106 miles, Walking - 25.97 miles, Biking - 0 miles
- February Running - 101 miles, Walking - 22.4 miles, Biking - 10.7 miles
- March Running - 106 miles, Walking - 37.82 miles, Biking - 10 miles
- April Running - 65.15 miles, Walking - 41.43 miles, Biking - 32 miles
- May Running - 64.62 miles, Walking - 40.72 miles, Biking - 52.9 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 10 miles.
- June Running - 45.82 miles, Walking- 28.22 miles, Biking- 72.44 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 19 miles.
- July Running - 25.91 miles, Walking - 27.09 miles, Biking - 62.83 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 15 miles, Swimming - 6.2 miles
- August Running - 24.5 miles, Walking - 37.4 miles, Biking - 73.2 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 9 miles, Swimming - 8 miles
- September Running - 23.34 miles, Walking - 30.7 miles, Biking - 58.93 miles, Kayak / Paddling - 16 miles, Swimming - 6 miles
- October Running - 25.41 miles, Walking - 69 miles, Biking - 51.75 miles, Kayak / Paddling - 20 miles
- Visit all the gardens and free museums in the Triangle
- JC Raulston Arboretum. Really loved this park and it's pretty close to me so I know that I'll be back again.
Donate to a Different Charity Every Month
Read all the Goodreads Best Books of 2021
Fun Fall Activities
- Leaf peeping hike - Yes! I did a few hikes specifically to see leaves and did some with friends as well. My favorite was Raven Rock!
- Visit a pumpkin patch - We went to Phillips Farm for their Fall Festival (which was amazing and fun even for adults). We actually didn't end up getting a pumpkin, but I'm still counting it.
Make a fall-themed dinner - I hosted book club and did a Halloween-themed (inspired by Pinterest) snack board. It turned out so cute!
- Read fall books - Lots of spooky books (you can see what I thought of them in this post)
- Bake something fall related (pie, pumpkin bread, etc) - I actually ended up making a ton of pumpkin stuff one week- a pumpkin loaf, pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies, and overnight oats. All from one can of pumpkin!
- Try out a festive cocktail - For Halloween, I made an apple cider mule that was delicious. Equal parts apple cider and whipped cream vodka, top with ginger beer. We also got skull shaped ice cubes which was a fun addition.
- Watch a movie outside under a blanket - I didn't watch a movie, but I did a ton of reading and also watched TV shows outside.
- Pumpkin beer taste test - I didn't necessarily do a taste test, but had lots of pumpkin beers. With my run club friends, we had a fall beer exchange so I got to try all of those. I also just got a gift from a friend of a beer flight board, so I can't wait to make my own flights sometime soon.
Plan a Garden
Here are my goals for November-