Blog RelaunchesIt seems like this month was the month of blog relaunches. There have been a lot of blogs come and go throughout the past few years, and I was so excited when I saw three of my favorites come back recently.
Beating the 2:00 SlumpI'm hoping that you can all relate to that 2:00 feeling at work. It's after lunch, you still have a few more hours of work to go, and you just hit a slump. It's an awful feeling, and you just need a small pick-me-up to get through the work day. I already shared what products are in my desk drawers at work, so today I wanted to share what I have to beat that slump!
- Water. We have an amazing ice and water machine at work, that has the perfect size ice and cold, fresh water (yes, I get excited about ice machines at work). Sipping on ice water helps to refresh me and make me feel more awake.
- Tazo Refresh Mint Tea. Even though this is caffeine free, the invigorating mint flavor really helps to wake me up. I absolutely love how refreshing this flavor is, and I'll make either hot or iced- either way it's great!
- Peak Energy Tabs. I was sent these tabs to review by Zipp Foods, and I absolutely love them. There are two in a pack, but I only have one at a time and find it gives the perfect amount of energy. These are mint flavored, which is really refreshing and delicious! I like the fact that I can just grab one of these when I'm heading to a meeting and don't have to worry about lugging some kind of beverage.
- Barrisimo Hazelnut Coffee. We have a Keurig at work, so I like to have coffee occasionally in the afternoon. I try not to drink too much because if I'm in meetings, I don't want to have bad breath or stained teeth. If I have nothing planned in the afternoon, I'll brew a mug and enjoy the amazing flavor of this K-Cup! This was an Aldi's find so it was a really reasonable price, and I can't wait to try more flavors!
- Amazing Grass Green Superfood Energy. I have a few products from Amazing Grass, and this might be my favorite. I love how this comes in a single serving packet, and the taste is amazing! Just mix this in with water, and you'll get a delicious watermelon drink that is alkalizing and energizing. The best part is that it's vegan, gluten free and raw!
The Pioneer WomanI mentioned a few months ago that I picked up Ree Drummond's cookbook , and this week I tried out a few recipes. I'm not sure what magic ingredients she includes (might be all the butter) but everything that I made was incredible. The recipes were all super easy to follow and I seriously couldn't believe how great everything tasted!
My two favorite recipes that I tried were chicken with mustard cream sauce (I subbed coconut cream for the heavy cream and chicken stock for brandy) and shrimp scampi (subbing chicken stock for wine and adding coconut cream at the end). If you follow me on Snapchat (gretchxo), you might have seen me cooking the scampi. No lie- it was probably the best thing that I've eaten all year, and it seriously took 15 minutes to make (and about 15 seconds to devour).
Blogiversary Post CommentsOne of the highlights of my week was reading all of the sweet comments on my 1 Year Anniversary post. I started this blog as a way to stay accountable in my half marathon, training, and I never expected this kind of response, or for people to actually visit every day and leave comments! It's really encouraging to hear so much great feedback, and I really do appreciate it.
I also welcome any kind of criticism or suggestions you all have for how I can improve. I'm always wanting to better myself in any way, so if you have any feedback that you'd like to submit in private, I set up an anonymous form, where you can tell me whatever's on your mind! You can find that HERE!
You're also always welcome to email me any feedback (positive or negative) if you'd like to talk directly to me! Thank you all for your support throughout the past year, and don't forget to enter my giveaway as a way for me to say THANK YOU!
Have a great weekend!
Post contains affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post, but I did receive a free sample of Peak Energy Tabs to review. I was not compensated for my review, and all thoughts are my own! Thank you for your support!