July Goals and Highlights
Welcome to the second half of the year! 2022 has been flying by and has already been such a busy year, filled with lots of highs and lows. The same goes for June- I had two really fun weekend trips (to the beach and to a Getaway House in the middle of the woods), but also had a car break down on the beach trip (which is still down there unfortunately) and have been mentally processing the overturn of Roe v. Wade and even more shootings in the country with expanded gun rights. It's been a lot and I'm trying to deal with it in the ways that make me feel better- donating to causes I think will help, talking with people to get more perspectives, and prepping to vote!
On a positive note before getting to my goals- my highlight of the month was visiting Bald Head Island for the day while we were at the beach. I had so much fun biking around the island and it was the escape that I needed! I definitely want to go back and maybe stay on the island for a day or two. It was perfection! Now let's get onto the goals-
Spend More Time Outdoors
- 1000 Hours Outside -
- January - 54 total hours, breaking down to 41 hours running/walking/hiking, 5 hours reading, and 8 hours socializing/misc.
- February - 52 total hours, breaking down to 31 hours running/walking/hiking, 7 hours reading, 13 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- March - 97 total hours, breaking down to 47 hours running/walking/hiking, 17 hours reading, 32 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- April - 103 total hours, breaking down to 41 hours running/walking/hiking, 20 hours reading, 37 hours socializing/misc, and 5 hours biking.
- May - 94 hours total, breaking down to 26 hours running/walking/hiking, 19 hours reading, 35 hours socializing/misc, 13 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 1 hour swimming.
- June - 103 hours total, breaking down to 22 hours running/walking/hiking, 11 hours reading, 47 hours socializing/misc, 12 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 11 hours swimming. I officially hit the halfway mark this month so I'm right on track!
- 2,022 Outdoor Miles - 898 total so far. A bit behind but that's ok!
- January Running - 106 miles, Walking - 25.97 miles, Biking - 0 miles
- February Running - 101 miles, Walking - 22.4 miles, Biking - 10.7 miles
- March Running - 106 miles, Walking - 37.82 miles, Biking - 10 miles
- April Running - 65.15 miles, Walking - 41.43 miles, Biking - 32 miles
- May Running - 64.62 miles, Walking - 40.72 miles, Biking - 52.9 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 10 miles.
- June Running - 45.82 miles, Walking- 28.22 miles, Biking- 72.44 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 19 miles.
- Visit all the gardens and free museums in the Triangle
- In June I visited the Raleigh Rose Garden, which is located at the Raleigh Little Theatre. It's a small park with tons of different varieties of roses and some other flowers, bushes, and trees. It was really relaxing to visit and walk around!
- Check-in on what I have left to visit- JC Raulston Arboretum, Juniper Level Botanical Garden, and Coker Arboretum. For museums, I have the History Museum and the CAM (Contemporary Art Museum). Almost there!
Donate to a Different Charity Every Month
Read all the Goodreads Best Books of 2021
Still have not been able to re-commit to this goal with all of my personal projects going on. I keep pulling out my paints to do something, but end up feeling creatively burnt-out by the time I can actually paint! My outlet lately has been reading instead, but maybe July will be the month to pull me out of my slump?
Trail Run and Swim 4 times
I did half of this goal- I swam well over 4 times (I think I ended up going 7 times and visited the pool for fun many more times than that). I only did a trail run once at the start of the month. Part of that was being away on the weekends and losing one car, so my options to run in the morning were really limited to my neighborhood. I also ended up falling on my one and only trail run so maybe it's a good thing I didn't go more?
- Hang art in each room - I made a gallery wall in my office, and hung up a piece in the living room. I have 3 pieces I need to hang in the dining room but they aren't as easy as just nailing a hole so I've been putting that off (and I also want to wait until our table gets in to place them!) so this is about halfway done.
- Wallpaper and add wood trim in powder room (really excited for this project!) - DONE - see pic above!! The powder room is complete- would anyone be interested in a full post about this?
- Get furniture for spare bedroom and living room - we got a bed and lamp for the spare room, but I would still like some kind of side table or small set of drawers. In the living room we got a coffee table and record player but could use another chair and rug.
- Mural in the bonus room - Not yet, but I ordered the paint and just have to complete it!
- Finish unpacking boxes and put them away in storage - Done!!