August Goals and Highlights
Not going to lie- July was not a great month! There were definitely some great moments, but it was mostly just disappointing and got me in a bit of a funk. But- since it's a new month I decided to get a fresh perspective and make sure that August is going to be a great one.
Spend More Time Outdoors
- 1000 Hours Outside -
- January - 54 total hours, breaking down to 41 hours running/walking/hiking, 5 hours reading, and 8 hours socializing/misc.
- February - 52 total hours, breaking down to 31 hours running/walking/hiking, 7 hours reading, 13 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- March - 97 total hours, breaking down to 47 hours running/walking/hiking, 17 hours reading, 32 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- April - 103 total hours, breaking down to 41 hours running/walking/hiking, 20 hours reading, 37 hours socializing/misc, and 5 hours biking.
- May - 94 hours total, breaking down to 26 hours running/walking/hiking, 19 hours reading, 35 hours socializing/misc, 13 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 1 hour swimming.
- June - 103 hours total, breaking down to 22 hours running/walking/hiking, 11 hours reading, 47 hours socializing/misc, 12 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 11 hours swimming.
- July - 80 hours total, breaking down to 23 hours running/walking/hiking, 7 hours reading, 23 hours socializing/misc, 15 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 12 hours swimming.
- 2,022 Outdoor Miles - 1,035 total miles so far.
- January Running - 106 miles, Walking - 25.97 miles, Biking - 0 miles
- February Running - 101 miles, Walking - 22.4 miles, Biking - 10.7 miles
- March Running - 106 miles, Walking - 37.82 miles, Biking - 10 miles
- April Running - 65.15 miles, Walking - 41.43 miles, Biking - 32 miles
- May Running - 64.62 miles, Walking - 40.72 miles, Biking - 52.9 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 10 miles.
- June Running - 45.82 miles, Walking- 28.22 miles, Biking- 72.44 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 19 miles.
- July Running - 25.91 miles, Walking - 27.09 miles, Biking - 62.83 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 15 miles, Swimming - 6.2 miles (decided to start tracking that as well since I'm spending so much time swimming lately)
- Visit all the gardens and free museums in the Triangle
- In July Dan and I got to see the Juniper Level Botanical Garden. This is at a nursery and only has open garden days a few weekends of the year, so luckily we got to visit this month. It was such a beautiful place, and much larger than I expected! There were so many different areas that were so meticulously taken care of and I couldn't stop wandering around. They also gave out free cactus clippings on our way out! I'll definitely be back when I want to buy some plants and hopefully visit for another open garden day.
Donate to a Different Charity Every Month
Read all the Goodreads Best Books of 2021
I've done really well with this goal! I've definitely been focusing most of my energy and time on swimming since that's where I'm weakest, and I'm really happy and proud of my progress. I can do 300 yards without stopping with no problem, and did my first open water swim. I also started documenting my training on TikTok which is making me more accountable to actually go and do something every day.
Did this! We replaced our light fixture, changed out all of the hardware, and added some art. It's still a bit boring but that's ok.