December Goals and Highlights
Wow- December. It's hard to believe it's the last month of the year for a few reasons, and I don't have to say again what a weird and awful year this has been. In one of my Peloton rides last week I heard a great quote that I'm trying to keep in mind when I'm having a rough day- If you woke up today, that means you survived 100% of your hard days. I love that, and it's a good reminder that no matter what's thrown our way, we can make it through.
For my highlight of the month, I would have to choose a "me" day that I took at the beginning of the month. It was right after Dan left for his work trip, and it was a beautiful day outside, so I took a vacation day and explored a bit. I started with a smoked maple latte from my favorite local coffee shop, then Selma and I headed to Settler's Cabin Park for a hike, then to Pittsburgh Botanical Garden to enjoy the scenery, followed by takeout sushi and some wine to go from a local winery. It was a day to remember (and hopefully replicate).
Here's how my goals went in November-
Two Boot Camp Classes / Week
Turkey Triceps Challenge
Develop a Night Routine
Read Five Books
Finish Previous Projects
- Paint behind fridge. When I repainted my kitchen and added a backsplash, I ignored one area because I was too lazy to pull out the fridge and clean/paint back there. So, its been untouched for a few months now and I need to get it done.
- Hang my vacuum. A month or two ago, I finally got a new vacuum (this one)to replace one that I got in college! It's cordless (which is awesome for getting my entire house done at once), but it needs to be hung up. Right now I just leave it near whatever outlet is closest. Since it doesn't have a locking mechanism, it has to lie down, so hanging it up will make it look so much better and keep everything more organized.
- Finish GBBO bakes. The finale of Great British Bake Off happened last week, and I'm two weeks behind on my technical bakes (and have to write up my most recent bake still!). Since I was self-quarantining, I haven't been to the store in a few weeks and need a few ingredients for those last two..which look amazing by the way. Really excited to finish these off!
- Haleakala Rides. This was a goal to finish in my October goals and I didn't end up finishing then and only have two left, so I want to do those in December.
- Finish up bathroom. Similar to the kitchen, there are a few last-minute touches that I need in my bathroom makeover- grouting the tiles and hanging a towel rack. These honestly should be pretty quick and easy, but are taking me forever to do...