June Goals and Highlights
It's so hard to believe that it's June, probably because the last two months flew by! We've been really busy with getting our apartment moved out and cleaned and trying to make our new house feel like a home. Like most people, we've been hit with shipping delays, so we have a lot of stuff picked out to furnish our house and are just waiting for them!
There are a lot of little highlights from the month but nothing really big that happened, since most of our energy has been spent moving. Probably the best thing is that we've been meeting a lot of our neighbors and went to our first get-together and had the best time. Having people around us that we like and are friendly was one of the most important parts of picking a place and we're so lucky to have great people all around us! I think we're going to be very happy here.
Let's talk goals, starting with my annual goal check-in.
Spend More Time Outdoors
- 1000 Hours Outside -
- January - 54 total hours, breaking down to 41 hours running/walking/hiking, 5 hours reading, and 8 hours socializing/misc.
- February - 52 total hours, breaking down to 31 hours running/walking/hiking, 7 hours reading, 13 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- March - 97 total hours, breaking down to 47 hours running/walking/hiking, 17 hours reading, 32 hours socializing/misc, and 1 hour biking.
- April - 103 total hours, breaking down to 41 hours running/walking/hiking, 20 hours reading, 37 hours socializing/misc, and 5 hours biking.
- May - 94 hours total, breaking down to 26 hours running/walking/hiking, 19 hours reading, 35 hours socializing/misc, 13 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 1 hour swimming (new category!)
- 2,022 Outdoor Miles - 732.71 total so far
- January Running - 106 miles, Walking - 25.97 miles, Biking - 0 miles
- February Running - 101 miles, Walking - 22.4 miles, Biking - 10.7 miles
- March Running - 106 miles, Walking - 37.82 miles, Biking - 10 miles
- April Running - 65.15 miles, Walking - 41.43 miles, Biking - 32 miles
- May Running - 64.62 miles, Walking - 40.72 miles, Biking - 52.9 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 10 miles. This month I decided to add in time spent kayaking and paddling! I'm going to do a conversion of one mile per 10 minutes, and hope this will help me make up some of the miles towards my goal.
- Visit all the gardens and free museums in the Triangle
- I visited Art Space earlier this month during First Friday in downtown Raleigh. Every month there are lots of free exhibits and live music going on- it's a lot of fun and I really enjoyed visiting this particular place. It's a combination of different studio spaces for local artists, and some of the pieces were unbelievable.
Donate to a Different Charity Every Month
Read all the Goodreads Best Books of 2021
My Etsy shop is still on a break right now, but I posted more to my Instagram and TikTok! I did a watercolor painting of our new house and also got to do a mural for a friend's nursery. I set up an art space in my bonus room, so I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things this month. I gained a few followers on each platform and am up to 79 on Instagram and 108 on TikTok.
Get Moved In
Bike 50 Miles + Kayak/SUP
I hit 52 miles this month and also went kayaking and paddleboarding! It was nice to have a goal and I made myself go out during the week to make sure I hit it. I'm looking forward to getting back to longer rides on the weekend once they're free again, and hopefully spending lots more time out on the water.
Trail Run and Swim 4 times
- Hang art in each room
- Wallpaper and add wood trim in powder room (really excited for this project!)
- Get furniture for spare bedroom and living room
- Mural in the bonus room
- Finish unpacking boxes and put them away in storage
Post a Comment