September Goals and Highlights
A little late with my monthly goals post, but life has been busy lately! Plus- it doesn't feel like it's September yet. It's been a busy month and it feels like it went way too quickly! I'm not ready for fall yet- summer's been too fun.
Speaking of fun, this was a really good month full of a lot of highlights. Dan and I had a bunch of spontaneous date nights, visiting new places in downtown Raleigh and in Apex/Cary. We also spent a day in Durham with some friends that culminated with watching a baseball game (or some of it..we were having too much fun and missed most of the game). A big highlight though was being at one of my good friend's baby shower, and then watching her dogs when she went into labor a few weeks early (she and baby are both doing great- we got to see them this past weekend!). I'm not sure how September will be able to top this month, but with my triathlon and a beach trip on the schedule it will at least be memorable.
Here's how my annual goals are going!
Spend More Time Outside
- 1000 Hours Outside - 668 hours so far.
- January - 54 total hours
- February - 52 total hours
- March - 97 total hours
- April - 103 total hours
- May - 94 hours total
- June - 103 hours total
- July - 80 hours total
- August - 85 hours total, breaking down to 26 hours running/walking/hiking, 16 hours reading, 28 hours socializing/misc, 8 hours biking/kayaking/SUPing, and 7 hours swimming/pool time.
- 2,022 Outdoor Miles - 1,330 total miles so far.
- January Running - 106 miles, Walking - 25.97 miles, Biking - 0 miles
- February Running - 101 miles, Walking - 22.4 miles, Biking - 10.7 miles
- March Running - 106 miles, Walking - 37.82 miles, Biking - 10 miles
- April Running - 65.15 miles, Walking - 41.43 miles, Biking - 32 miles
- May Running - 64.62 miles, Walking - 40.72 miles, Biking - 52.9 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 10 miles.
- June Running - 45.82 miles, Walking- 28.22 miles, Biking- 72.44 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 19 miles.
- July Running - 25.91 miles, Walking - 27.09 miles, Biking - 62.83 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 15 miles, Swimming - 6.2 miles
- August Running - 24.5 miles, Walking - 37.4 miles, Biking - 73.2 miles, Kayak/Paddling - 9 miles, Swimming - 8 miles
- Visit all the gardens and free museums in the Triangle
- I didn't get to visit any new gardens or museums this month, but we did take another trip to the Natural Sciences museum to check out the special exhibit and 3D movie. Both were about dinosaurs and the time before dinosaurs. It was so well done and I really enjoyed it!
Donate to a Different Charity Every Month
Read all the Goodreads Best Books of 2021
Finish Decorating Dining Room
Right after I wrote this post, I got an alert from West Elm that my dining room furniture was ready to be delivered! I was so excited, and then when it was the actual delivery day, not everything was included. I now have dining room chairs, a table base...but no table top. So unfortunately this one did not get completed but I'm blaming West Elm!
Swim One Mile
I did this one! I definitely took a lot of breaks to get this done, but I finished the distance. I followed a fun workout from Colleen Quigley that helped to break down the distance into manageable chunks.
Go on Two Hikes
I technically did this- I went for a hike at Hemlock Bluffs and at Bond Park, but those are places that I go to pretty frequently so not sure if I should count that. This was such a busy month though so I'm glad I at least went out for those and hope to get to go on more fall hikes in different places soon.
Paint n Picnic
I did this once but definitely wish that I went out more frequently! This month I also got really into crochet so now it would be fun to go crochet outside with some snacks...I just need a catchy name for that and try in September!