June Highlights and Goals
Happy Summer! It has definitely heated up in the past few weeks here in North Carolina, and I'm absolutely loving it. This month was full of so many fun activities: we went to the mountains three times (backpacking for the first time, a wedding, and then a regular car camping trip), completed two triathlons, and celebrated my birthday! It was a really great month, but I think the wedding was the highlight for me. It was such a fun weekend to spend with friends and celebrate two amazing people that are perfect for each other. The venue at Beech Mountain was also incredible- nothing like a backdrop of mountains for such an incredible moment!
Let's get to the goals!
Korean Vegan Cookbook
On the other hand, the tteokbokki was AMAZING!! I'm a huge fan of rice cakes so I knew this would be good. The sauce was so richly flavored and was so satisfying. The process was a little finnicky and took a while, but the overall taste and experience of it was worth it.
Hike 100 Miles + Check Out 10 New Parks
I went on quite a few hikes this month thanks to camping and backpacking, and did about 15 miles. I'm now up to 75 miles and I think I need to increase my annual goal! Maybe I'll bump it up to 150 to give myself a good challenge?
Read the Goodreads Best Books
Work from a Coffee Shop Once a Month
Summer Bucket List
- Bike to a brewery or bottle shop - I biked to Fortnight Brewery for music bingo earlier this month. There are two bottle shops that are even closer and easier to get to so those are also on my list to get to!
- Kayak or SUP in a new lake
- Paint and picnic (bring my watercolors to a park and paint, and also bring snacks along!)
- Crochet in a park - I brought a project along to camping with my this past weekend so I can count this one as done!
- Hike somewhere new - I mentioned above that I went hiking at Grandfather Mountain as well as Hanging Rock.
- Go to an outdoor movie
- Go to an outdoor concert
- Visit a winery
- Bike the entire Tobacco Trail (it's about 22 miles so it's definitely doable!)
- Go to a baseball game
- Play frisbee golf
- Go camping - Done twice this month! I want to go camping more this year, but maybe in the fall when the temperature drops a bit.
- Dine al fresco at a restaurant (bonus points if it's rooftop!)