August Highlights and Goals
August was such a fun month! It definitely felt like it was the height of summer fun, with lots of outdoor activities with friends, outdoor festivals and concerts, birthday celebrations, and races. It was a good time! There were a lot of highlights for me, but the top one was probably something I've been looking forward to for months (and honestly years)- seeing the musical Wicked! I love musicals and any kind of live performance, so I was really excited when a friend was willing to go with me and we had an amazing time. The show definitely lived up to my expectations and I absolutely loved it!
Here's a look at how my annual goals are going- we're getting down to the end of the year which is crazy to think about!
Korean Vegan Cookbook
Hike 100 Miles + Check Out 10 New Parks
Read the Goodreads Best Books
I'm currently reading the Non--fiction winner (Atlas of the Heart) but haven't finished any winners this month.
Work from a Coffee Shop Once a Month
I visited The Optimist in Raleigh this month, and it was such a great little coffee shop. It was really busy so I can tell it's a popular spot, and I understand why! The coffee and food was great, and there are lots of spots to work from (including a huge patio outside). Definitely will go back.
Summer Bucket List
- Bike to a brewery or bottle shop - done in June
- Kayak or SUP in a new lake - I went to Lake Raleigh this month. It's a really nice lake right on NC State's campus and I really liked it! Would definitely go back.
- Paint and picnic - went to Jordan Lake to do this earlier this month.
- Crochet in a park - done in June
- Hike somewhere new - done in June
- Go to an outdoor movie - Saw the Mario Brothers movie at Apex Nature Park. My city does a free movie or concert in the park every weekend in the summer and I finally got to join (for the final one!)
- Go to an outdoor concert - done in July
- Visit a winery - done in July
- Bike the entire Tobacco Trail - Did this with Dan and my friend Karena! It was a really nice ride and not too difficult- my next goal is doing the entire Neuse River trail which is about 5 miles longer than the Tobacco.
- Go to a baseball game - done in July
- Play frisbee golf - Went twice this month!
- Go camping - done in June
- Dine al fresco at a restaurant (bonus points if it's rooftop!) - done in July