Monthly Goals : June
Happy June everyone!!Usually months go by really quickly for me, but for some reason May really seemed to drag on. I packed so much into the month, so I'm more than ready for a new month to start. As usual, at the beginning of the month I go over my goals and see which ones I hit and which ones I missed. Keep reading to see how I did in May, and what I'm planning for June!
Fitness Goals:- Try a new workout class. Technically, no, but I did join the True Runner Run Club. I count this as hitting my goal - my reasoning for having this be a goal was to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. It was much more intimidating for me to join a running group than try out a different class at the gym, so I'm counting this as a victory.
- Negative split in the Team Alex 5 miler. Ehhh no. Not even close. Started too fast and the heat got to me (badly) so this is a definite NOPE.
- Stretch and foam roll 5x a week. Yes! Incorporated lots of yoga and stretching into my month. I think it helped me stay injury-free and running lots of miles.
- Stick to the plan. No. Between traveling and having a sore hamstring, I missed a few workouts. That's fine with me, though! I hit the majority of my runs and cross trained at least twice a week. Good enough for me!
Personal Goals:- Go to church. Yes! I went a few times this month. I'll keep this as my goal and try to continue to go during the summer!
- Read 2 books. Yes - Girl on the Train and The Husband's Secret. Both good, easy reads with twists and turns throughout.
- NO SHOPPING. Yes!! My most important goal, and I'm so happy to say that I did it. I shouldn't be this proud to have not shopped, but I am!
- Cook Greek food. Yupp-Check out my post here!
One more goal that I didn't publicly state but was my main goal of the month- become a Fitfluential Ambassador! There are requirements for number of unique monthly viewers, and it was my goal to hit those numbers this month and be able to apply. I did it, and was accepted as an ambassador and I couldn't be happier! Thank you all for supporting my little blog and helping me share my love of running and fitness. I can't thank you all enough for all the support and comments! I appreciate it all, and I hope to continue to improve my content and my blog!
Overall, this was a great month for me! Here are some June goals:
Fitness Goals :- Run 100 miles. I've gotten really close to this number each month, but haven't actually hit the magical number! Hopefully June will be my month.
- Switch up my cross training routine. I've been going to Group Centergy, Group Power and Spinning consistently for the past 6 months. I think it's time to revamp my schedule and try out a new routine!
- Run at least 3 runs with Run Club. As mentioned above, I joined the True Runner Run Club, but I've only gone a few times in May. I want to go to at least three of their runs this month! I have to get to 10 runs to get my $20 gift certificate, so I need to start attending more!
Personal Goals :- Read 2 non-fiction books. Now that I'm getting back into reading, I would like to read something more substantial. If you have any suggestions on books I should check out please let me know (I love biographies, self-improvement, and anything about sports!)
- Finish my travel scrapbooks. Every time that I leave the country, I make a scrapbook for the trip. I'm way behind on my scrapbooks, so I would like to get caught up by the end of the month! I would also love to share some highlights from past trips and make some more travel guides, so this would help jog my memory on my trips!
- Create a budget. I want to create a guideline and plan on how much money I should save each month. If anyone is interested, I'd love to dedicate a blog post to creating a budget (maybe with something that I learn from a self-improvement book!)
- Cook some Mexican food! Eat around the world challenge continues this month with Mexico! Can't wait ;)
What are your goals for June?
Does anyone have book suggestions or budget resources?