Mine definitely fell into the latter category, with trips and events every weekend. It made the month fly by, and I'm really glad my goals weren't too demanding last month! Thank you, past Gretchen. Before we get into the goals, let's quickly recap the weekend. I spent time up in Bradford, PA with Dan's family. We had an early Thanksgiving with his mom's side of the family, and it was such a great weekend. Here are some snapshots:
Friday morning breakfast at Sprague's Maple Farm!
Beautiful fall morning and an amazing breakfast.
Running on Pitt Bradford's campus with Selma! She was inspired by Django!
Yes- I spent my Friday night watching the PSU Blue Band concert! No shame!
Dinner time! Dan and I always seem to match..I swear we never plan this!
Rookies Sports Bar for some beer, wings, football and World Series! (love the Steelers glass!)
Now let's talk goals! First up is a recap on how I did in my October goals:
- Cross off one item on my 30x30 list. Yes! I actually crossed off two items: break 2 hours in a half marathon (post here) and bungee jump (post here). Great month over all! If you want to see my entire 30x30 list click here!
- Take a sewing e-course. Kind of. I took a few of the lessons in the e-course, and I bought all the supplies needed. Now I just need to buy some fabric and get started with the real lessons!
- Set a new PR. Yes! I actually set a PR in the half marathon and in 10 miles (post here!). Don't you love it when hard work pays off?
- Complete the 30-Day Food Dare. Yes! I loved doing the dare and wrote about it in this post. Don't forget- if you're interested in trying the dare I would appreciate if you used my affiliate link!
- Cook Chinese food. Nope. Dan and I did get Chinese take-out one night..does that count?
Now let's get into my November goals:
- No phone in bed. Lately, I've been sleeping really badly and not waking up to run before work. I know that a big issue that I have is going to bed with my cell phone and staying up too late on it. My goal for this month is to set my phone on the dresser and see how it affects my sleep!
- Cross train 2x a week. I have to get back in the habit of cross training and getting stronger again! Now that I'm done with all my goal races, it's time to get back in the habit!
- 100 miles. I think that hitting 100 miles in a month is a good amount for me, and will force me to start doing longer runs again! We'll see if I can hit this number without a big race to train for.
- No shopping (except Cyber Monday). It's time to buckle down on my budget and save some money! I'll plan on going on a spending freeze, but will allow myself a break to take advantage of some of the big sales after Thanksgiving.
- Spend 10 minutes every day decluttering. I finally have my apartment in great shape- everything is neat and tidy and I spent a lot of time actually cleaning everything. Now, I want to keep it this way by spending just 10 minutes a day tidying up.
- Sew something! Now that I took a few lessons in sewing, it's time to get the fabric and actually make something. Hopefully I'll be able to share something neat next month!
What are your goals for November?
linking up with Erin, Katie, Carylee, Jenna, Holly and Tricia