A New Year and New Goals
Happy New Year everyone! I hope that your year is off to a good start so far- to me it doesn't really feel like anything's changed since I'm still staying in and will be working from home for the foreseeable future. But, I already have lots of goals and plans for the year ahead.
First let's start with a highlight of December, which is an "Elf Exchange" that a group of my friends did. During the month, we each had to drop off a beer and festive treat at everyone's house. Some people also did little surprises, like a tie-dyed sweatshirt with a little black dog printed on it. It was such a nice surprise to know my friends were thinking of me even if we couldn't get together like we usually do.
For my surprise, I got a mixed pack of holiday beer from Saranac and picked out what each person would like the most, and then made a few different kinds of Christmas cookies and truffles (you can see the "ugly sweaters" above!). I also included a little handmade card in each package.
Next up let's talk about my December goals!
Finish Previous Projects
- Paint behind fridge. Done! This really didn't take much time at all and looks so good now. It was just kind of a pain to move it out and clean up, but I'm glad it's over.
- Hang my vacuum. Done! It's so nice to have a spot for it, and I've actually been vacuuming a ton this month since I can just grab it and go.
- Finish GBBO bakes. Done with a bonus bake! I finished the last two technical challenges of the regular season, and for Christmas I also did a bake from the holiday episode. You can see my season wrap-up here!
- Haleakala Rides. Done! I did the last two rides in this series- the very final one on Christmas morning. It was a really fun challenge and I can't wait to do more climb rides in the future.
- Finish up bathroom. This is the area that I didn't finish, but it's mostly because I changed my mind. For the floor tiles, since they're peel and stick you aren't really supposed to grout in between them, so I'm just going to leave it as-is. There are only two spots near the toilet where there's a bit of a space between, so I thought it might look weird if I tried to grout everywhere, and it might mess up the tiles. I also decided not to mount the towel rack- I'll keep the rods in case the next owners want them, but our system works fine for us and I don't really want to add more holes in the walls if the next owner doesn't want them!
25 Days of Christmas
I finished this and it was so much fun! I did an art project every day from December 1 to 25 and posted them all on Tik Tok. The majority were watercolor paintings, but I also did a cross-stitch sign, made ugly sweater cookies, and had an epic cheese plate for Christmas Eve. It was a really fun (and challenging) project for me to do, but I got so much better and more comfortable with painting by the end! It was so nice to see some improvement from my first piece to the last.
No Dairy January
This is a challenge that I've done the past few January's and has been a great way to kick off the new year! Basically, on January 1 you get rid of 1 item. January 2 you get rid of 2 items, and on and on. I'm looking forward to clearing out some of the junk I've accumulated!
Try All the Signature Series
For my fitness challenge this month, I thought it would be fun to try out all of the Signature Series that the instructors have on Peloton. I've tried a few of these already- the Jess King Experience, XOXO Cody, and Movie Buffs (among others). I like how these are different from the regular classes and show off the instructor's personalities a bit more! Here's a list with all of the series if you want to play along as well.
Selling the house, wow! Are you guys looking to stay in your current city or move somewhere new?ReplyDelete
We're still figuring some things out and have a lot to think through! Hopefully we'll make plans soon ;)Delete