Wednesday Reviews: Allure Beauty Box [Hair]
Today I'll be sharing the last installment of my Allure Beauty Box reviews! So far, I've reviewed the makeup and body products, and today I'll be talking hair. These boxes always seem to contain the most products in the hair category, and this one certainly didn't disappoint!
There is a wide variety of products offered, with a theme seeming to surround frizz (mostly trying to eliminate it). That is perfect for me, because in the summer my hair seems to expand the more humid it gets (and Pittsburgh is a really humid city). I was really excited to try out some new products and re-use some old favorites. I hope you enjoy these reviews!
Here is an overview of all of the hair products that were in the box:
And let's get into the reviews!
Suave Professionals Weather Proof Cream- This cream gets really good ratings online, but I didn't really tell a huge difference with it. It didn't weigh down my hair at all, but didn't seem to make it "weather proof". It's a really cheap product, so it's worth a try if you're looking for a cream, but definitely not a must-buy to me!
Pureology Colour Fanatic Instant Deep-Conditioning Mask- This is one of the most expensive items in the box at $44, and I love it! It has an amazing smell that reminds me of a high-end salon, and makes my hair feel amazingly soft. Even though I don't have color-treated hair, I love this mask. I'm not crazy about the design of the package- there's a hole at the top that the product comes out of when you push down, so it seems like a lot of product will be wasted. Other than that I'm a huge fan, but wouldn't spend so much money on a hair mask (my favorite is less than $3!)
Hask Nourishing Shine Oil - I love to use oil in my hair, and this one smells absolutely incredible! It also felt really smooth in my hair, and made it really silky. However, this container doesn't have any kind of pump or squeeze top, so it's a bit messy when you pour it out. If this came in another type of container I would be in love!
Redken Frizz Dismiss Fly-Away Fix- I was really excited to try these sheets. I always wanted a product that I could throw in my purse or in my desk and get rid of frizz quickly and mess-free. Unfortunately, these did absolutely nothing for me. The sheets themselves remind me of dryer sheets, and didn't help to eliminate any frizz at all. I've heard before that dryer sheets actually do help to get rid of frizz, so you might as well buy a box and save a ton of money!
Aloxxi Texturizing Spray- I think that I need to try out this product a bit more before I really decide how I feel about it. It's a pretty sticky spray, and didn't seem to add much texture or style to my hair. I was hoping it would be similar to the amazing Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray that is ridiculously expensive, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me.
Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Spray- This is actually a product that I've tried before as a sample and loved! I was really excited to get a full-size bottle. I use this spray before I blow dry my hair, and the product helps protect my hair and also make it really soft. It also seems to make my hair dry faster, and smells amazing. Love this!
John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Primer- This is another product that didn't seem to have much of an effect on my hair. I've used other frizz ease products in the past that have worked better, and I love John Frieda's Volume line, but this was unfortunately a bit of a fail for me. I'm sure that I'll end up using this up, and hopefully one time it will make a difference!
Clear Intense Hydration Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner- I've used Clear's products before, and I love them! They make my hair feel really healthy and soft. I also notice far less itching and flakes in my scalp which is always great. I think this will be a great duo for the colder months, when my hair is usually drier. The only thing I don't like about this line is that it doesn't smell very good to me, but thankfully the scent doesn't linger.
After reviewing the entire box, I can definitely tell that it was worth the price for me. The box costs around $50, but is valued at over $250! I love how the contents are always shared before the box is released, so that you can figure out if it's worth it or not. Even if some of the products aren't exciting (like deodorant and body wash) it's always full of things that I buy regularly!
In case you're wondering what my favorite products are after trying and using every item, they are:
- BAN Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths ($2): I leave these in my purse and use them any time I'm feeling gross, or after I finish a run and have to go somewhere afterwards. I'm definitely going to keep repurchasing theses because they're super cheap!
- Caress Body Wash ($3.50): This is the best smelling body wash I've ever used. The smell lingers the entire day, but is still subtle. I love it!
- Clear Shampoo and Conditioner ($10): My hair feels so soft with these, and I noticed way less flaking at my scalp since I started using it.
- It Cosmetics Mascara ($24): I've been using this every day since I opened it and I'm in love! I like how you can use it for every day, but also build it up for a more dramatic look.
- Jergens BB Body Lotion ($13): This has been perfect for all of the dresses and skirts I've been wearing lately! My legs look and smell great! I love how it dries quickly as well, so I never feel sticky.
- Redken Pillow Proof Primer ($22): I won't blow dry my hair without this, and much it cuts down on drying time and keeps my hair feeling protected.
- Sonia Kashuk Nail Polish ($5): Not only do I love the color, but the formula is fantastic! Definitely going to pick out more shades in this range!
Have you tried any of these products? Thoughts?
Did anyone else get the Allure Beauty Box? Did you love it as well?
What subscription box should I try next?